Prout Strategic Planning Seminar – Phase 2
September 29 – October 1, 2017
Prama Institute, Asheville, NC
“When the whole property of this universe has been inherited by all creatures, how then can there be any justification for a system in which someone receives a flow of huge excess, while others die for lack of a handful of grain?” (P. R. Sarkar, Problem of the Day).
Growing populist movements around the world are a product of the unsustainable status quo and its fundamental failure to serve even the basic needs of the majority of people. That trend was reflected in the United States with the election of Donald Trump by disenfranchised people who were hoping for a change that would better their lot in life. The inevitable failure of the Trump administration to deliver on campaign promises will leave many even more desperate and looking for real solutions. Theory will appeal to some people, but practical working models will catch many more people’s attention and provide examples that they can copy.
The P2 Seminar will focus on the following areas:
- Review the successes and challenges of efforts initiated during the May, 2016 Prout Strategic Planning Seminar to ensure the best possible outcomes with P2 initiated projects.
- Optimize the various tools for communications, planning and decision making to provide a fully integrated network that supports, tracks, and helps build P2 projects.
- Develop educational/promotional materials, e.g., film experts’ presentation of Prout topics that can provide a library of such materials for future use.
- Identify “shovel ready” or near-ready projects and set timelines leading to full implementation of P2 projects in the near term.
- Talks and discussions on relevant topics which integrate Prout concepts with current issues and movements.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Many experienced U. S. Proutists will be in attendance; however, anyone interested in getting involved in P2 project roll-outs is encouraged to attend. This will be the ground floor of making a real-world, practical difference in the lives of people.
The seminar will begin Friday, September 29th at 4 p.m. and will end Sunday, October 1st at 2 p.m. Please make your reservations for either the Asheville or Greenville/Spartanburg Airports. There are shuttles from the Greenville/Spartanburg Airport, and pickups and drop-offs from these airports are more easily arranged, as well.
Early bird discount (before August 31st): $120 Regular cost (after August 31st) $140
To register by check, send checks to the Prama Institute, P. O Box 232, Alexander, NC 28701, earmarked “Prout Seminar”.