by Ramesh Bjonnes
You want to juice, but you don’t have a juicer—so what to do? It’s simple. All you need is a blender and some cheese cloth. Start by making a smoothie in your blender of whatever ingredients you have or by using a specific recipe. You may want to add a little more water to the smoothie than you normally do, such as 2 cups instead of 1 cup. Just experiment and see how it feels and tastes.
Here are two simple recipes. First, an easy-to-make green juice recipe, and below that you’ll find a mixed fruit and veggie recipe.
- 1-2 cups of water
- 2-3 cups of chopped kale or spinach
- 1 green apple, cored and chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 in. fresh ginger
Fruit and Veggie Juice
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cucumber
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 pear, cored and chopped
- 1 orange, peeled and chopped
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on high, pausing to scrape down the sides, until everything is thoroughly blended and combined.
- Put cheese cloth on top of a bowl and pour blended mixture on top.
- Squeeze the cheese cloth with your hands until all of the liquid is separated into the bowl.
- Wash the cheese cloth and put the greens in the compost bin. Split juice between 1 or 2 glasses and serve. Enjoy!
Other Blogs Posts
by Ramesh Bjonnes | Dec 2, 2020
In 2016, the Japanese cellular biologist Yoshinori Oshumi won the Nobel Prize for proving the process of authophagy, the way cells utilizes and recycles unnecessary or dysfunctional cellular components. In other words, I was able to heal my chronic condition during my 14 day juice fast because the fast allowed my cells to detox, regenerate and rebuild themselves.
by Ramesh Bjonnes | Nov 18, 2020
In this program you will gain new ways to think through the facts and the mis- and dis-information about yoga philosophy and its historical roots.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Ramesh is the Director of the Prama Wellness Center where lifestyle is considered our best medicine. Ramesh is also a writer, yogi and workshop leader. He studied yoga therapy in Nepal and India, Ayurveda at California College of Ayurveda and is a certified yoga detox theraphist from the AM Wellness Center in Cebu, Philippines. He has taught workshops in many countries and is the author of four books, including Sacred Body, Sacred Spirit (InnerWorld) and Tantra:The Yoga of Love and Awakening (Hay House India).