HOST YOUR NEXT EVENT WITH US
PRAMA INSTITUTE RENTALS
REQUEST TO BOOK
A Holistic Retreat & Conference Center in Western North Carolina
The Prama Institute is located on 150 acres in the beautiful Appalachian Mountains of Western North Carolina. The center borders the scenic French Broad River and is only 25 min from downtown Asheville and 5 min from historic Marshall NC. The scenic and peaceful surroundings at the Prama Institute create the perfect place for educational workshops, yoga retreats, spiritual retreats, workplace seminars and more. Our rates are based on a minimum stay of 15 people. Generally rental groups handle all the administration for their own programs. This includes room assignments, payment processing and participant bookings. Your rental fee also includes free advertising on our events web page.
PRAMA INSTITUTE FACILITIES
Main 1300 sq ft. Dome
This dome features bamboo floors with in-floor, passive solar heating, air conditioning, and space for up to 30 yoga mats or 100 chairs. It’s our main meeting hall and is the ideal space for yoga, dance, music, performances or other educational events.
Secondary 750 sq ft. Dome
The second 750 sq. ft. meeting area is situation above the dinning hall and is the perfect area for classes, massage or just a quiet space to relax in. Occasionally this loft space can also be used as a sleeping area.
The Prama Institute’s eco-friendly dorm rooms feature 28 beds with privacy curtains, pillows, fitted bottom sheets and personal reading lamps. Full linen service is available on request for a small fee. Dorms are heated with in-floor heating. Bathrooms are conveniently located down the hall and feature granite counter tops and warm tile flooring.
Prama also features 3 beautiful private rooms with semi-private showers and bathrooms. These rooms can be used to sleep a single person or extra beds can be added to accommodate multiple people. Camping is also available with panoramic views of the Appalachian Mountains. Because we only rent to one group at a time, you can enjoy our facilities in complete privacy.
Just steps from our main building is our organic garden. We try our best to incorporate some the fresh veggies and fruit from our garden into the meals we serve our guests.
The Prama Institute & Wellness Center is situated on 130 acres of forest, meadows, streams and farmland. There are plenty of hiking trails and areas to explore. Our most popular trail goes to a spectacular 100+ foot cliff overlooking the French Broad river.
Our comfortable dinning area can seat up to 35 people. We also have porch that can seat an additional 15 – 20 people (weather permitting). The secondary dome / loft space can also be converted into an eating area for larger groups.
Delicious Vegetarian Cuisine
Prama is well known for serving delicious and nutritious vegetarian meals. In the summer months we incorporate as much local and organic food from our garden and surrounding farms. We can also meet many diets such as gluten free, vegan and more.
20 min from Asheville
Prama is located in Marshall NC, 20 min north of Asheville. Asheville is a vibrant town with an active music, arts and food scene. Asheville airport is the closest airport to Prama, about a 40min drive.
2 Hours from Charlotte
Many of our clients fly into Charlotte since it is such a short (and very beautiful) drive to Prama. Charlotte is also a major international airport with lots of direct flights and usually cheaper fares then flying into Asheville.
DON’T JUST TAKE OUR WORD
SEE WHAT PAST RENTERS ARE SAYING!
The Facilities Were Outstanding
The facilities were outstanding- a perfect place to reflect. I enjoyed the laid back atmosphere and the beautiful land. I felt transformed after my stay. Meghan Cannon, 2011
It Is A Sacred Space
It is a sacred space. I enjoyed exploring the garden and the trails outside. The meals were enjoyable and nutritious. I have been inspired on many levels. Sarah Crook, 2011
The Food Was Outstanding
The food was outstanding. The facility was very comfortable, beautiful and inviting. The location is amazing being on the mountain top. The staff was friendly and courteous. Jennifer Quade, 2011
General Information for Renters
Responsibilities of the renter
- To carry out all promotions and marketing. The Prama Institute will feature your program on our website under our programs tab and on a separate post page where the renter can describe the event in more detail and include a link to their website. In order to place their event on our Prama Institute website, you must email a description of the event, and include a digital photo of the presenter(s) that must have a resolution of at least 150px X 150px or greater. Other photos may be submitted as well. Please include a link to your page for registration. On occasion we are able to mention your retreat title, date, and link in our newsletter and on our Facebook page.
- To pay for all participants, as per the contract (at least 15 persons).
- To manage registration of participants and take payments.
- To inform our staff of any special diets, allergies, and/or requests for linens one week prior to your arrival date.
- To communicate all Prama Institute policies to your participants and instructors.
- To provide your participants and instructors with all information they may need such as, directions, transportation, what to bring, etc.
- To facilitate arrival, check-in, orientation, and room assignments for all participants. Organizers are responsible for greeting their guests and informing them of their rooms. Please arrive earlier than your guests and have a person assigned to this duty. A room plan is available to help assist you.
- To take responsibility for the safety and behavior of your participants.
- Transportation to and from the Prama Institute remains the responsibility of the organizers of the retreat. On occasion, we can provide transportation for an additional fee. We can also provide the name of a taxi service from the airport.
- To inform participants and instructors about walking trails and surrounding property and restricted areas.
- To familiarize themselves with safety and emergency information available in the welcome folder, so that they can inform participants and instructors.
- All participants, instructors, and organizers, shall abide by the policies and guidelines of the Prama Institute.
- DEPOSITS: All renters must pay 25% deposit of the minimum rental amount (15 people) at the time of signing the contract. This initial 25% deposit is your holding fee and is non-refundable and non-transferable. Once we receive your signed contract and your deposit, your rental is confirmed. 120 days before the start of your retreat another 25% deposit is due. The final payment will include any adjustments of numbers and/or extra fees. This payment is due upon your arrival day. Payments can be made by check & cash, or you can pay by credit card with an additional 3% service fee.
- The minimum number of participants for any retreat is fifteen. In the case that you do not have fifteen, you can still hold your retreat, but you will be responsible pay for fifteen people. Organizers and instructors are counted as a participant and are required to pay.
- Any damages or losses to the facility, its furniture or equipment, or surrounding property, beyond normal wear and tear, will be the responsibility of the renter and shall be compensated for by the end of the rental period.
- The Prama Institute does not take responsibility for any lost or stolen property.
- We are a satvic vegetarian retreat center that is drug, alcohol, and smoke free. No alcohol, smoking, illegal drugs, meat, fish, fowl, eggs, garlic, or onions are allowed on our premises.
- Due to the respect of other participants and the upkeep of our center we are not able to allow any pets in the building.
- The Prama Institute does not take responsibility for any injuries, or medical emergencies that happen in or around our center.
- The kitchen is for the use of kitchen staff only. A refrigerator, microwave, and electric kettle is available in the common area for the use of all guests.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: If you decide to cancel your rental for any reason, your deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- The Prama Institute reserves the right to cancel any program.
Prama Institute Group Rental Cancellation Policy
If you decide to cancel your rental for any reason, your deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable.