by Ramesh Bjonnes
“A seven-day retreat is ideal, a 10-day one is even more beneficial.”
–from the website for the film Food Matters
Usually only once a year we organize a 10 day juice cleanse at the Prama Wellness Center. Most of our wellness retreats last 3 or 5 days, with great results. However, a 10 day retreat really deepens the effects of the fasting process.
Of course, all of our juice cleanse retreats offer the same benefits:
- You are surrounded by a group of people with the same intention and that makes cleansing so much easier.
- You have experienced guides to help you in case you go through detox symptoms such as constipation or lethargy.
- You will have workshops every day learning about healing herbs, how to make juices and power smoothies, basic Ayurvedic and Naturopathic lifestyle practices, and much more.
- You will learn tips about nutrition and alkaline foods that will dispel much mis-and disinformation about healthy living.
- You will practice yoga and meditation everyday, which will relax your mind and ease your heart and increase the detox benefits.
- Your skin will detox in the sauna and with our mud therapy.
- The peaceful setting and beautiful surroundings are ideal for a time away from all the stresses of the world.
- Our group support circles create a safe environment to share challenges and to get constructive feedback.
- In the private sessions with our staff, you will learn about what is best to eat according to your body type once your cleanse is over.
- Most importantly, you will have a lot of fun and create lasting friendships.
Now that you know some of the reasons why fasting at Prama is so great, here are a few supporting arguments by Dr. Neil Barnard for why a juice cleanse is so beneficial for health:
“Built into our cells are natural mechanisms that can clean cholesterol, fat, and debris from our arteries; restore health to joints that are attacked by arthritis; and bring us to a level of health that we may never have anticipated. The key to unleashing these wonderful functions lies in the nutrients the body has to work with. The right nutrients can turn on these abilities, while the wrong nutrients — which are all too common in the standard western diet — can leave these abilities buried forever. The most amazing results, however, come when the body is given a complete rest from the work of digestion and assimilation of food.”
That’s where therapeutic juice fasting comes in, and here, in a few words, is how it works: while the cells and blood stream is saturated with maximum nutrients from the juice, the digestive organs take rest and are instead busy expelling toxins from the body. The end result is a complete detox and the health effects are often amazing. So, join us at Prama for one of our upcoming yoga and juice cleansing retreats, and if you really want to increase all of these benefits, don’t miss our 10-day program in September!
Other Blogs Posts
by Ramesh Bjonnes | May 26, 2021
by Ramesh Bjonnes In my work here at the Prama Wellness Center with hundreds of clients over the past seven years, as well as in healing my own chronic diseases, I have observed the importance of an alkaline diet. The most alkaline diet possible is experienced during...
by Ramesh Bjonnes | Apr 28, 2021
by Ramesh Bjonnes At the Prama Wellness Center, we believe that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. By integrating various natural health systems, without compromising the system’s integrity, a new and often more effective therapeutic value system can...
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Ramesh is the Director of the Prama Wellness Center where lifestyle is considered our best medicine. Ramesh is also a writer, yogi and workshop leader. He studied yoga therapy in Nepal and India, Ayurveda at California College of Ayurveda and is a certified yoga detox theraphist from the AM Wellness Center in Cebu, Philippines. He has taught workshops in many countries and is the author of four books, including Sacred Body, Sacred Spirit (InnerWorld) and Tantra:The Yoga of Love and Awakening (Hay House India).